Monday, October 11, 2010

Canadian Thanksgiving



Monday, October 11th was Canadian Thanksgiving. Since Doran served his mission in Canada, I wanted to do something to celebrate this holiday and to have a chance for him to tell me even more about his mission. We had turkey and mashed potatoes, and i attempted to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. However, I made them wrong, which is really hard to do, so they turned into pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes. I think they turned out great, and so did Doran considering he couldn't stop eating them. We delievered a lot to neighbors since it made so many!


I love him :)

Our fancy turkey dinner.....

And our fancy potatoes.





They seriously look so cute! I even decorated them like I was a professional cupcake maker. They are so adorable.





Here are a few pictures of Doran's mission. He served in the Toronto, Canada East mission. I am so proud of him for all of his service and for the great example his is to me. We decided to make Canadian Thanksgiving a tradition in the future so Doran can sit and talk to our kids about his mission and set a good example for them. I love my husband and had a great time listening to him talk about all of his memories. :) Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. That's so fun! You should totally keep your own little tradition going. :) I want to try these pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes sometime too! You'll have to tell me how it was that you "messed up." :)

    ReplyDelete