Friday, July 9, 2010

Summer and Birthdays!

I'm so behind on posting updates. The truth is, this summer has been so hectic. For once in my life I can say that I can't wait until this summer is over! I'm counting down the days. Currently I am working 35 hours a week, taking 7 credits in school, and going to my internship (at Child and Family Services) twice a week. I'm gone from 5:30 a.m. until AT LEAST 6:00pm every day. I don't like growing up. I don't like it one bit.

Doran has been my superhero. He is working very hard and putting in his 40 hours a week at work. However, he doesn't have class and is usually home by 2:30 every day. This means I always get to come home to a sparkling clean apartment and dinner. It's hard for me to switch roles with him like this, but I have to admit it, if he didn't do it, it probably wouldn't get done.

July 7th was my Mom's birthday! We were able to go up to Smithfield for the 4th of July weekend and spend some more time with my family. Weekend getaways to Smithfield are really helpful in helping me clear my mind and enjoy life before another crazy week starts again. I am so grateful for my mom who is such an amazing woman. I look up to her more than she could ever know. She is such a strength and support in my life. She is always there when I need her, on good days and bad days, and she always knows just what to say to make me laugh or to make me feel better. I love her and I love every second I get to spend with her. She has always been an amazing mother. I want her to raise my children, because then I know for sure that they will turn out alright. :) Happy Birthday Mom! Thank you for everything! You couldn't be a better example to me. I love you!


So yesterday, July 8th, was Doran's birthday. He turned 24! I owed him the world since I've been so busy. I put every stress aside and tried to make it a wonderful day, where he would know how much I appreciate him and how much I love him. It started out with both of us going to work around 6am. I surprised him a couple hours later with 2 dozen doughnuts that I took to his work for him and his coworkers. I then had to go back to work and then had 2 classes that went until 2:35. I rushed home so I could enjoy as much time with him as possible. I gave him a gift (a medical game for the wii) and we sat and played that for a while. We then enjoyed a tasty meal at Tucanos.


Crazy eyes....

Nothing makes my man happier than some Tucanos meat. Of course we can only afford to eat there when one of us has a birthday (because then we get a free meal for one of us). We enjoyed it very much. :)



We then ended up going to a movie (Grown Ups), which was really funny. We had more adventurous plans for the day, but we abandoned them for something more relaxing where we could just be together.






We also went to the store and bought Doran some new running shoes. He was very happy about this gift, which would have been more exciting if I picked them out myself. However, I had no idea where to even start!

I bought Doran a cake from Albertson's. Some wife right? However, I did buy some green frosting to write Happy Birthday on the cake. This is not as easy as it looks, and turned out sort of sloppy, but he didn't care. He ate it anyways.






We then took a quick nap before I had to go to work at midnight. I'm sad his birthday is over. I love spoiling him. He is seriously the most amazing man ever. He does so much for me, and I couldn't even begin to thank him for everyting he's done.

We've been married for over 10 months now. It feels like yesterday, but then again, it feels like we've been together forever. Isn't that the way it should be though? When I was single, I would always say that I didn't understand how people could get married after such a short time of knowing each other. How is this possible? How do you know you want to be with them after a few months? Well I knew after such a short time with Doran that I could never, ever be without him in my life. And I was right. He is the most amazing man I have ever met. He makes me so happy every day. He came to me at the perfect time and swept me off my feet. I love him so much and am forever grateful for his kindness and humor that makes me smile and laugh every day. So happy birthday to the most wonderful man in the whole world. Forever doesn't even seem like long enough. I want to be with him for 2 forevers. Maybe that can be arranged....

Happy Birthday Husband!

1 comment:

  1. Jill, it sounds like you did take care of Doran for his birthday. He is a special guy. We are glad that you guys are working hard and have some time to do fun things together. We love hearing from you. P.S. thanks for the gift for SARA. We'll have to post the pictures of it for you. We the two of you.

    ReplyDelete