Wednesday, June 13, 2012

One year later....

We are alive, thriving, and happier than ever. I'm not going to go on and on about how bad I feel that I haven't blogged in a year (ouch) and every little thing that has happened in that time. Nope. I'm moving forward (well, with a quick review of the past). I mean I DID have a baby and all. But then I'll move forward with the blog, hopefully doing better with my frequency of posts.

So here is a year in review.

Last summer:
Last June we found out we were having a baby BOY! Doran and I were thrilled at the thought of having a son! My sister moved to Provo which was awesome! Having family around is always awesome because they are instant best friends. I worked for the summer at BYU Broadcasting (As I had for the past 4 years of my life.) Doran worked at Wymount Apartments and was an EFY health counselor. We were both extremely busy, which helped the pregnancy go by faster. Doran's brother Devin got married at the end of August, so we all headed up to Vancouver, Washington/Portland, Oregon for the wedding. It was so fun, and the perfect last vacation before our son arrived.

November 9, 2011
(Full birth story to come in a different post) So in short, our beautiful baby boy was born! Gavin Curtis Sorencsen He was 8 pounds 7 oz. 20 inches long. Handsome. So unbelievably handsome. The delivery went better than planned and Gavin was so healthy and strong.

Since then:
I got my gall bladder out one month after Gavin was born. Rough times. It was way harder recovering from that than from giving birth (seriously). We spent Thanksgiving with Doran's family up in Salt Lake City. It was fun to show him off and let him meet Grandma and Grandpa Sorensen for the first time. We spent Christmas in Smithfield with my family. It was also really fun and helped give us a break from being new parents. Doran really dove into his school work winter semester, which resulted in good grades and a happy husband. Gavin and I grew and learned together, creating a beautiful and forever friendship and relationship. Doran is also a WONDERFUL father. He always makes Gavin laugh and smile. Gavin wiggles and freaks out uncontrollably every time Doran walks through the door. We really are on big happy family.

And that brings us to now. Which I will write a different post about. I'll leave you with some pictures, then call it good since my little one just woke up from his nap.

Thank you all for reading. It means you still care about the details of my life. Hope all is well with you!

(This is of Gavin at 4 months. Too cute :) )


2 comments:

  1. Hooray for a return to blogging! We'll love seeing more about your sweet family. My girls especially love seeing family pics/updates, so it keeps us close :) You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!! This is what I'm talking about! Love it Jill!

    ReplyDelete