Sunday, May 3, 2009

We're Engaged!

Hey! I'm so excited that we are engaged because now we can have a married blog! I've always wanted a blog, but felt it would be boring and pointless if it were just me, so hopefully the two of us will bring enough excitement to fill up one blog! Doran and I met on January 23, 2009 on a blind date. We hit it off that night and have seen each other every day, except for 2, since. We got engaged on May 2, 2009. He proposed in the cutest way possible. He had my roommates take me out shopping at Smiths. While I was gone he snuck into my apartment and put a rose and a note on my desk. I was way shocked to see it when I got home. I knew he was going to propose on Saturday but I thought it would be later. But on the note he said we had had a perfect relationship and the symbol for perfect was 10. So he picked out 10 places for me to go to, to recount our relationship. At each place a note and a rose was waiting for me. The note talked about all the great memories we had there. At the end he said that we were going to get married for eternity so we would always have something else to fall in love with! So to go along with that idea he had me go to a new spot. A park with a cute gazebo!!! I got there and it had purple balloons on it, which is my favorite color, and in it was a single rose in a vase with a little Hershey Kiss path to the rose. There was one last note that said, "I know we havn't been here before but this is a place we will always remember and think of as special, because this is the place that I propose." I looked up and he was walking toward me! Being me I started to cry as he got down on one knee, he looked up at me and said "Jill Ashley Orme, Will you marry Me?" I was still crying I could barely say yes! It was perfect! I am so excited to marry him!

So here is our cute little married blog! I'll post wedding plans and stuff as it gets closer, but as for now, we are engaged, so in love, and couldn't be happier.


Here are some pics of the proposal sight, us, and my beautiful ring!



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations again!! We love you guys. We're excited to see you this weekend. Let us know how we can help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Jill you are beautiful!! Which is expected.... my brother is a handsome man! Welcome to the family. I can't wait to meet you. Sorry that our crazy schedules haven't let us do that yet. Please let me know if you need any other help with the wedding. The lady who did my flowers: Blooms & Blossoms, Kelli Dunkley, 801-712-9984. I LOVED them. Not sure on pricing, cause I didn't pay though. Next, Granite Bakery did my cake. Pretty good prices 801-483-2253. They are very awesome,and you get to taste test the cake while your there!! Yummy! They also helped me with my invitations. Good prices on that too. ~K~ Guys love ya, talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats, again! You two are so cute together, I can't wait to meet Doran. Good luck and have fun planning your perfect dream wedding!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete